How to cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast ?
While Kodi is one of the world’s best media center applications, users on iOS devices have not been able to enjoy the service unlike those on Android.This means fans of Apple devices and others that use the same operating system have to cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast, in order to stream media content.
For those who are not conversant with Chromecast, it is a device by Google that allows users to stream media content from their phones – mostly Android devices – and/or PC.
Chromecast recently acquired some new features with the launch of version 2 of the device, which is supported by apps such as YouTube and a few others.
In order to successfully cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast, there are a few important steps that need to be followed to ensure Kodi works, as it is designed to work from a central, all-in-one media center PC. There are those who desire to watch Kodi on their television screens, and the good news is that this is possible using PC, Mac or an Android device.
In this piece, we intend to take you through the steps by which you can cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast and begin enjoying the media content at your comfort and convenience.
The Benefits of casting Kodi To Chromecast
Before you begin, you need to understand the benefits or gains accrued from casting Kodi on Chromecast.
Firstly, casting Kodi through Chromecast transforms your PC into a sort of Kodi set top box, which enables you to experience the full benefits of your PC and apps.
Besides having your own Kodi box wherever you are, the second benefit of casting Kodi on Chromecast is that you get a better streaming experience from the great media entertainment hub that Kodi was built to be.
Finally, casting Kodi on Chromecast saves you money. Chromecast is one of the cheapest media streaming services and is also the easiest to use. For those intending to connect their PC, smartphones or television on Kodi, Chromecast is your best bet despite the competition having more features.
What do you need before you can cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast ?
Before you take the steps to cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast, you need to have the hardware necessary to set up and complete the process.
The five items of hardware include the following:
- A stable Wi-Fi connection
- An internet connection with stable or high speeds is important to ensure Chromecast works, and that the video stream in good quality or high definition. Google recommends speeds of about 25mbps or higher to ensure you get the best service quality out of Chromecast.
- A computer – As stated above, Chromecast works on PCs, therefore to cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast, you need to have a computer in good working condition.
- A HDMI compatible PC – If your PC lacks a HDMI port, then you will not be able to plug in Chromecast, therefore you need to check the compatibility for a better experience.
- USB cable – Chromecast usually comes with its own USB adapter, but any standard USB cable can be used with the device.
- Chromecast dongle – This is the Chromecast hardware, which is basically a USB stick with advanced features than an ordinary USB.
Now that you have understood what Kodi is, what Chromecast can do, and you have all your five hardware pieces needed to make Kodi work, you can move to the steps you need to take to cast Kodi from PC to Chromecast.
Streaming Kodi from your computer is simple, and much easier to cast from PC to Chromecast than to an Android device.
Three key software needed include the Chrome internet browser, Chromecast application and Kodi application itself.
Once you have these three ready, you can then take the steps below to cast Kodi from your PC to Chromecast:
- . If you do not have Chrome browser, install it first.
- . Install the Chromecast extension onto your installed Chrome browser.
- . Install Kodi application to your PC
- . Launch Chrome internet browser then click on the Chromecast icon and select �Cast to’
- . From the options, choose �Cast this tab to’, and cast to desktop
- Open Kodi app and choose the video you would like to watch
- Enjoy the streaming experience
The only challenge with this process is that you are only able to cast the screen to your television, and not the so its only useful when you have both PC and television in one room.
Watch Video Tutorial on how to cast Kodi from pc to Chromecast :