How To Cast Windows 10 To A Smart TV?
Do you know you can cast media files on your Windows 10 PC to a smart TV with ease? Quite interesting, isn’t it? Especially when friends come around to see some movies, you need not to worry about entertaining them with a small screen size laptop when you have a large size smart TV. Even from a distance, you can enjoy your favorite shows.
There are built-in apps on Windows 10 that help you to project videos to your smart TV effectively. You don’t need the HDMI cables. All you need is a wireless connection and make sure that your PC and smart TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. You can stream videos, listen to audio and play videos from your PC to TV.
How to cast Windows 10 to a TV via Miracast device
The following accessories are all you need:
A Wi-Fi router, Windows 10 and TV that supports Miscast. In a case where your TV doesn’t support miracast, a miracast adapter can serve as an alternative.
To check if your TV has a miracast built-in, visit the link www.wi-fi.org/product-finder-results.
If you are sure your PC does not support miracast, then the miracast adapter to go for is the Microsoft’s wireless display adapter or Anycast as an alternative.
To get started:
- Go to Start to show the start menu, or go to the Cortanasearch box and click on it.
- Using your keyboard, type Project to a second screen and when the setting results pop up, click it.
- Select from the options, how you want the projection as given in the right sidebar. Duplicate (both the TV and the windows 10 will play the media file), Extend (the TV is usedto set up the PC and itself) or Second screen only (only the TV displays, while PC is deactivated)
- Select Connect to a wireless display, after you have made your choice.
- Series of compatible miracastdevices which the windows have searched out will appear. Select your choice of device for the projection by double-clicking it.
What to do if your windows 10 can’t locate your device.
In some situations, your windows 10 might not find any compatible miracast-devices. It is a hell of trouble, you don’t need to be poised or feel bad. Carefully go through the steps below to solve the problem.
Simply click, “where is my device?” and then, manually input your device name. Kudos! You have successfully located your device, Enjoy your video on a big screen TV.
How to cast Windows 10 to a TV via File explorer
Open the File Explorer which you use to save and access files and documents on your computer, look out for the media file you want to play on your TV and right-click on it.
A context menu pops up, select Play To from the options, your computer will now search for close-by compatible devices, select your TV from the list of devices. Now, you can enjoy your video or audio on a bigger screen.
How to cast Windows 10 to a TV via a windows media player
Here is what you need to do.
- Go to the start button
- Select All Programs
- Then, scroll down and look out for Windows Media Player on your computer, click it to launch by default the media library.
- Select your choice of a media file from the categories of photos, videos, and music.
- Right-click on it and select the option, Cast To.
- For the final step, select the connected device you want to play the file – your TV of course!
How to cast videos and movies from Windows 10 to a TV via Movies & TV app
Apart from using the Miracast, file explorer or the windows media player, another built-in app on a Windows 10 PC which can be used to cast videos or movies on a TV screen is the Movies & TV. First of all, you need to launch the Movie and TV software on your computer. You can as well access added videos by thumbnails.
To play a movie or video, right-click on your choice of movie in the Movies and TV. Look closely at the video playing window, you will see three horizontal dots from the bottom right corner of the windows interface. On clicking it, a context menu pops up to show several options: Cast to a device, zoom to fill and Repeat.
Choose the option, Cast to a device and then select your TV from the connection dialogue box. Your selected movie will automatically be displayed on your TV screen from your PC.
It is as easy as that. You don’t need rocket science to cast Windows 10 to your smart TV. Any of the four methods will serve you that purpose!