How to Use Xiaomi With Chromecast?
If you are installing Chromecast on your new Xiaomi phone for the first time, then you need to locate the app button on the back corner of Chromecast for almost thirty seconds to reset it. After you reset Chromecast, its name will come in the list of the App’s device screen.
Moving ahead, you should look for a code at the bottom of your TV Screen. Then, match it with the code flashing in your App.
If it matches, then, select the option that says, “I See the Code.” You can then customize it and change the name to something of your choice or leave the default name as it is. After finishing the setup, select the Wi-Fi network to connect to for your Chromecast.
You are then ready to start your journey into Google Chromecast as soon as it joins the local Wi-Fi network. Another cool thing that you can do is mirror the screen of your Redmi Note 3 to the TV that is connected to the Chromecast.
In this respect, if you check out the upper left corner of the Chromecast App Menu button, you will see an option called Cast screen/audio. Click on it! You will easily be able to then detect the device of the Chromecast listed there that will be a testimony to the fact that you have successfully performed screen mirroring.
How To stream From Xiaomi?
With the advent of countless display devices, the sharing technology or screen mirroring has become all the more popular. Chromecast needs to be connected to the Smart TV in the HDMI port, and power the Chromecast USB cable to the TV’s USB port.
You need to download the Google Home App from the Google Play store. Search for the Chromecast model to start casting.
Sometimes, while using Chromecast for the first time, the App does not locate the Chromecast in which case, you need to reset Chromecast by pressing the button located behind it.
Once ‘Reset Chromecast’ icon appears on the Chromecast App devices screen,
look at the code appearing at the bottom of the TV screen and Select the ‘I see Code’ option which can be used for naming the Chromecast.
- Sometimes while watching a show on YouTube or Netflix, it does not allow the users to cast another show. It keeps showing that it is buffering, but the video will never start playing. Then, an error pops on the screen saying, ‘Could not Connect.’ Resetting the Chromecast helps to fix this problem.
- Sometimes, the Wi-Fi crashes while using Chromecast, which the router vendors claim happens when the users try to maintain a stable viewing experience. The problem seems to exist in the ‘Cast’ feature which affects Chromecast as well as the Google Home devices.
- Sometimes, the network on all devices connected via a wireless network which is also powering the Chromecast gets disabled. Even two mobiles will not be able to connect to the Wi-Fi to which Chromecast is connected.
How to Install?
- Use the same Wi-Fi or router to connect both Xiaomi and the Smart TV.
- Go to the Settings option of your TV and enable Wi-Fi display or Wireless display option.
- Go to the Settings option of your Xiaomi, go to Network, click More, then Wireless Display and turn it on.
- Open YouTube or Netflix.
- Locate the Cast icon and tap on it.
- Select the video that you want to play on your screen.
You can also select the video and then click on the cast button by interchanging the steps 3 and 4.
NOTE: If you are unable to see the cast icon, it means that your Xiaomi is unable to locate Chromecast and you will have to set it up again.
Xiaomi & Chromecast Subtitles
This is a fantastic feature while casting using Chromecast. Using this feature, the users can view movies, documentaries, etc. of different languages.
Use the App to drag and drop the file that you want to play. Click on the cast button on the Chromecast device and then open the ‘Subtitles’ from the drop-down box under the video’s preview option. Select the Load External option and select the ‘Subtitles’ file. Select the language and click ‘OK.’
Now, you can enjoy watching the video of your choice, whatever the language might be!